Great! It’s 2.45am, and here I am, wide awake. All thanks to my indulgence in TWO cups of tea (yes, just the ordinary chinese tea with milk. So any surprise that I am a non-coffee drinker?).
Instead of lying in bed counting endless streams of baa baa sheeps, I decided to take out my laptop and write a blog post on — you guess it, what are the things that one can do when the zzz-monster refuses to visit.
Here’s what I came up with:
Two definitely unhealthy but 100%-feel-good options
- Drink a cup of hot milo or better still — hot chocolate with marshmellows. Yum yum…
- Eat – whatever you are craving for at this hour of the night.
The less sinful choices
- Blog, like what I am doing now…
- Read a book or surf the internet.
- Brainstorm on ideas for that next blog post.
- Finish up the report that your boss has been chasing after you for.
- Do the laundry.
- Listen to the music.
- Practise gentle yoga moves.
- Try to sleep.
Well, I guess that last choice is probably the one that I should be taking. Otherwise, my girls will find themselves with one big nasty, irritable mummy who will make the Sunday not so fun for them.
If you have any other ideas to add, do let me know!